I am not a big fan of jam, so I decided to fill the cookies with Lemon curd which I had posted earlier, It was a big hit with my husband and my daughters.
There is a reason these are called thumbprint cookies. The indentation is supposed to be made with the thumb. But please don’t try that or you will end up with the ‘BURNT THUMB’!
-8 tbsp Butter (113 grams) softened
-1 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp Vanilla essence
-1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
– 2 spoons of lemon curd – Refer over here for lemon curd recipe http://readoo.in/2015/03/homemade-lemon-curd/
(or If u want to fill with jam or choco you can use)
Semi Sweet Choco chips (56 grams)
-3/4 tsp Corn syrup /honey / pan cake syrup
-2 tbsp butter
1. Pre heat oven to 170 Degree C. Line baking sheet with baking paper and keep aside.
2. Beat together 8 tbsp butter, icing sugar, vanilla and salt for 2 minutes on high speed with a hand electric
mixer or a whisk.
3. Add the flour and beat on low speed and then increase to medium high.
4. Using a small cookie scoop or in my case 1 tbsp measure, heap the cookie dough in the spoon and roll the
dough into balls, and place 1 inch apart on a baking tray.
5. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, remove from the oven and make indentation in middle of the cookie. I used back of
a small rounded spoon to make the indentation.
6. Keep the cookies back into the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
If you are using choco:
Combine chocolate, 2 tbsp butter and corn syrup or pancake syrup in a small heat proof dish. Place over a pot of simmering water, stir until melted and smooth (or melt in the microwave). Allow to cool slightly. Fill the indentation with the chocolate mixture or jam or lemon curd.