Google searches over 100 billion queries on each month as it is updated as Dec 2015 stats. How many of us find the right place of search? We usually end up our search by clicking first two or three links at most. It’s better to use some tips, during the search so we can use less time for searching the matter rather than wasting whole time on wrong links. There are hundreds of tips for Google search; some of them are listed below.
1. The document search is made easy with filter “filetype”.If you are searching power point presentation or Pdf document on a certain topic, and then use the keyword with filter associated with the document type.
- Searching particular site on a specific keyword is also used operator “Site:“ followed by a specific website and keyword.
- Google also searches your website links on another website with “Link” operator. Usually, this helps you to know links associated with your website or a particular website.
Link: Aarsi.org results in following searches, Where we can see Google plus and Facebook page is linked with Aarsi.org.
- For most of the type, we use Google for searching Definition or meaning and also for translating the word to other languages.
Use Define and Translate operator for better results on these Searches.
E.g.: Define Polymorphism results is shown as
Similarly, Translate Economy to Kannada results as
- These days it’s not so difficult to get the weather report on mobiles or Computers. Google will provide detailed weather report with graphical representation when searched with Location as Keyword.
Search: Weather Hubli results as
Note: Similarly you can use Dictionary, Calculations, Unit Conversions, Sport, Quick facts.
- Searching a specific phrase is quite difficult if you add the specified phrase inside the quotes which will give you perfect result in the Google search.
Search: “Miles to go before I sleep” results in exact phrase links.
- Searching a specified phrase but with missing words can be done using an asterisk (*) symbol. Use asterisk in the place of missing words.
Search: * is Thicker than water results as
- Search holiday or special day dates on Google just by typing the keyword.
Search: Swamy Vivekananda Birth date