Zucchini, a member of gourd family is a popular summer squash, also known as courgette. Personally, I like this spongy veggie and include this in so many Indian recipes.
Zucchini chutney is one of them and it is an excellent side dish for any Indian flat breads, Dosa, idly or Paddu.
Zucchini – 1
Garlic – 8 – 10 cloves
Green chilies – 3 -4
Oil – 1 tbl spoon.
Coconut – 1 small cup
Raw mango or tamarind –If mango (2 “small piece) If tamarind (½ tsp).
Seasoning: Oil – 1 tsp, mustard – ½ tsp and curry leaves.
- Wash, chop zucchini into pieces.
- Take one small kadai; fry these pieces, garlic and green chillies by putting little oil until it wilts.
- Switch off the gas, leave this for cooling.
- When it cools down, add coconut, salt, either mango pieces or tamarind. Grind all this into a smooth paste by putting required amount of water.
- If you want, add seasoning with mustard and curry leaves.