When I saw this Karachi bakery style Fruit biscuit recipe in Cafegarima blog, couldn’t resist but tried with very little changes. I don’t like rose essence in my cookies, so added vanilla and cardamom. You can use any fragrance which you like. Once again thanks to Garima of Cafegarima.com for this wonderful recipe.
Maida /All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Butter – 100 grams. (At room temperature)
Sugar – ½ cup (powdered)
Tutti fruity – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp.
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp. (if you like you can add rose essence to get authentic flavor)
- Beat butter and sugar powder until fluffy and soft. Now add vanilla extract, cardamom powder and Tutti fruity and beat one more time until it is mixed.
- Now add flour and mix gradually by hand, don’t knead it handle it gently. Mix until u gets uniform mass.
- Now take one cling film sheet and keep this dough over it, on a flat surface and make a squarish log, and maintain uniform shape and keep either by wrapping or you can use cling film box like me to keep this in a fridge to maintain square shape.
- Now take your baking tray and apply some oil and line with a butter paper.
- After one hour, remove this dough from the fridge and unwrap the Clingfilm cover, make slices of ½” thickness and arrange these pieces in a lined baking tray and bake this in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 14 to 15 minutes.
- Before removing check at the bottom of the cookie and decide.
- Cool, this on a wire rack and store this in an airtight container.