Panchakajjaya is an integral part of Ganesha Chathurthi Naivedyam. Pancha means Five. As the name suggests it is made up of five ingredients. Chanadal, sugar, coconut, black sesame seed and cashew nuts. This powdery prasadam is a treat which we look forward to every year on this auspicious day.
Chana dal / Bengal gram dal – 1 cup
Grated fresh coconut – 1cup
Sugar – 1cup
Black sesame seed – 2 tbl sp
Cashew bits – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Ghee – ½ tsp
- Dry roast chana dal until it is light golden and fragrant. Cool and make powder by using small mixer jar. Sieve and collect fine powder. Do this in small batches, little by little.
- Powder sugar.
- Dry roast coconut gratings until light golden. Cool this.
- Dry roast sesame seed and cool.
- Fry cashew bits in ghee and keep aside.
- Now take one bowl, mix everything together, and sprinkle cardamom powder. Offer to God.