Indra Nooyi, CEO& Chairman of PepsiCo. One of the Top Fortune 500 company talked about Saree in her famous interview.
” While studying in Connecticut, worked as a receptionist from midnight to sunrise to earn money and struggled to put together US$50 to buy myself a western suit for my first job interview out of Yale, where I had just completed my masters. Incidentally, I wasn’t comfortable trying out a formal western outfit and ended up buying trousers that reached down only till my ankles. Rejected at the interview, I turned to my professor at the school who asked me what you would wear if you were to be in India. To my reply that it would be a sari, the professor advised me to “be yourself” and stick to what I was comfortable with. I wore a sari for my next interview. I got the job and has followed this philosophy for the rest of My career.”
Here are some of the great women in the world with #Saree
- Indra Nooyi is running a company which is worthy of more than US$19 Billion.
- Chanda Kochhar, CEO of ICICI bank. She runs more than 5000 branches in India and operates in 18 other countries. She is head of the bank which has assets more than US $120 Billion.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya, she is the first woman to head India’s largest bank SBI. She has listed as 25th most powerful women in the world by Forbes.
- Sudha Murthy, author, founder member of Infosys (one of the big software companies in the world) and chairperson of Infosys Foundation.
- Nirmala Seethraman: First lady defense minister of the nation with a population more than 1.25 Billion.
It’s not the problem of Saree, it’s problem of pseudo-journalism. It’s problem of lack of creativity in the media personal. It’s problem of foreign-funded media house. #Sareeswag