A village in Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh, “Jayapur” is hogging all the limelight after PM Narendra Modi, few months back adopted it under his dream project “Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana”. Situated near about 28 km from the Varanasi cantt railway station, Jayapur has witnessed unprecedented development in past few months.
- Jayapur has newly-opened branches of Union Bank, Syndicate Bank and State Bank of India with ATMs. For a village to have a National Bank, not one. but three is a big thing. With “Jan Dhan Yojana” and subsidies issued directly to the bank account, this will benefit the villagers as they need not travel to the city to access banks.
- 200 solar streetlights has been installed in this village. My hometown does not even have 50 solar lights! It is notable that the emphasis has been given for the sustainable energy.
- 12 bio-toilets has been installed for the total population of 4,200 people. The maintenance of these toilets is not an issue since they are bio-managed.
- 14 one-room houses(pucca) has been constructed for the tribal people of the Village. Hence, giving them permanent shelter. Each house of Atal Nagar boasts a garden, one room, toilet, bathroom, kitchen as well as a small courtyard. With the solar light facility, 24 hours electricity has been ensured. Also, every house has a water tank for uninterrupted water supply.
- A 17-seater bus for ferrying locals to the Rajatbala market eight km away. Soon, this bus is going to get a female driver, which is rare in the villages. While, students can travel without cost, men have to pay Rs.10 and women have to pay Rs.5.
- Two waiting room for commuters, several benches for the travellers to rest.
- An under-construction overhead reservoir for supplying piped water to every household in the near future.
- Anganawadi has been equipped with new facilities for kinders.
The villagers say that they have never witnessed such a speedy development. They are also hoping for job creation in their village. Thanking the PM, Sukharam, one of the Vanavasi, who has been allotted the newly constructed house said, “He has given us homes, we hope and wish to get employment too.”
There is no doubt that the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is an excellent scheme if all MPs take a leaf from PM Modi’s book and work. Also, we wish that this scheme must be extended to MLAs, Corporators and IAS officers, so that, more villages can be brought under development radar every year.
The Firstpost did not leave even this issue to spread lies. On 21 May, they published an article with the title “Narendra Modi’s Jayapur lies abandoned” only to change it after 2 hours! You know their propaganda right?
Photo courtesy: Social Media Friends