Hi all! Today I’m posting a south Karnataka special- Neer Dosa! Its literal translation to English is watery dosa. Many people enjoy this dosa. Friends always want to have this dosa when they visit our home and it is a joy to prepare and eat. Everyone keeps asking for the recipe and I thought I would post it. So here’s how you make this simple, soft and delicious dosa.
Dosa rice -2 cups and Iron griddle /tawa.
- Wash and soak dosa rice at night Or 2 to 3 hour soaking is needed.
- In the morning grind this soaked rice into fine paste with water ( I use soaked water while grinding, it gives nice aroma for the dosa) and salt as per requirement.
- Make batter into pourable consistency like this and check for the salt.
- Now keep Iron griddle for heat.
- When it is ready, apply oil like this.
- Pour one serving spoon of batter like how we make rava dosa, You can see it in the picture below.
- Now close the lid by keeping the gas on full flame.
- After two minutes, remove the lid and keep the gas in simmer the edges of the dosa rise a little, like this.
- Now flip this dosa on the plate, leave for 2 minutes, then fold like this.
- Now keep repeating this with the remaining batter and stack one over the other or take one big plate and stalk one opposite another alternately.
- Serve these dosa with coconut and grated jaggery mixture or coconut chutney.